The Summit will provide an objective national platform for all stakeholders to gather and discuss the full range of topics and questions while hearing a variety of perspectives.
Session handouts and speaker presentations will be available online at https://ncc.expoplanner.com/cs17/handouts.
To listen to audio of the keynote sessions, please see the recordings below:
- Public Health and Public Safety
- Science of Cannabis
- Emerging Research and Epidemiological Data
- Regulatory Issues
- Governance, Federal Law and Emerging Policy
How does changing cannabis policy and norms impact:
- Addictions treatment and recovery
- Public health
- Prevention programs
- Criminal justice system
- Mental health treatment and recovery
- National, state and local policies and regulations
- Workplaces and businesses
- Harm reduction efforts
- What are the characteristics of state regulatory models and how can they be improved?
- What are the differences between decriminalization, depenalization, legalization and medicalization?
- What is the federal response to state marijuana initiatives?
- What is the impact of medicalization and legalization on marijuana use? On perceived risk among youth?
- What is the impact of marijuana use on consequences such as drugged driving?
- What are states that have medicalized, legalized, or both doing to promote public health and safety?